.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Praxis

The Praxis II test is a test that I have to pass in order to officially become a teacher. It is an Elementary Content Knowledge test, which includes 4 different sections. You have to pass each section, or you have to retake the whole test. Each section consists of 30 questions, and you are given 2 hours to complete the test.

1. Language Arts
2. Mathematics
3. Social Studies
4. Science

I was planning on taking it in July, but realized I was going to be gone on the date that the test was being offered. I ended up taking the test on June 14th, but since I registered late all the seats here were full so I had to travel up to Cedar to take the test. My niece and nephews gave me a Green Bay Packers pencil, and a cheese pencil topper, so I decided to use it when I took my test, for good luck!
I was super nervous…but was glad when it was all over. I felt pretty good about the Math section, and I was the most nervous about the Language Arts section. I kept going over and over the test in my head, and when I got home from the test I Googled some of the questions to see if I had got them right or not. Now all I had to do was wait 4 to 6 weeks for the results to arrive. It was brutal…at the 4 week mark I started checking my mail every day. (It was like waiting for water to boil). The results arrived on Saturday, and I Passed! Hooray…My lucky pencil really was lucky! ;) It is such a relief to have it over and done with.

5 comments:

todd & nicole said...

CONGRATULATIONS! So exciting to be done.

Kateenie said...

Many congratulations!
I'm testing on Saturday. Maybe I should borrow that pencil.

Callahan's said...

Wahoo! Congrats! Doesn't it feel great?! I passed too. And I just read on Tina's blog that she did as well :)

EaST said...

Congratulations! We're VERY excited for you (we knew you could do it so we weren't as worried as you were) and are glad the pencil/eraser brought you good luck.

Unknown said...

LUCKIEEEEEE!! Awesome that you passed and are done! Will you take mine for me? I am not looking forward to it. I am not as smart as everything thinks I am. :0)