Successes/Highlights from the 1st Week:
* "I Am Poems" I taught a lesson on poetry and then the kids wrote I Am Poems...they turned out absolutely amazing. I was even a little surprised at how well they ended up! The students typed them in the computer lab and then we printed them on fun paper, laminated them, and hung them up in the hall.
* Science Lesson - Each student had a piece of information about rocks and minerals. I gave them five minutes to walk around the classroom and share their information with each other. The goal was to talk to as many people as possible and learn as much as you could about rocks and minerals. Then I divided the students into groups and gave each group a white board. I asked them questions about the information that they had just shared with each other and they had to write their answers on the white boards. (Thanks for the white board/game/review idea Eliza, it worked really well.) They were completely engaged and loved it!
* There were no major catastrophes, and my dream about all the kids running away didn't come true, so that was a bonus!
* Patt sent me flowers on Friday to congratulate me on my first week, and to reassure me that I am going to be a good teacher. It was really sweet. He must have realized how nervous I was going into my first week because I can't remember the last time Patt sent me flowers, so the fact that he did makes it that much sweeter!
* I am grateful that I have been in this class since the beginning of the year, because the teacher and the students already know me and it makes the transition so much smoother!
* I love my mentor teacher, and think she is the absolute greatest! She is really supportive and we work really well together. I am truly blessed to be student teaching in her classroom!
4 comments:
I am so proud of you! I knew you could do it. Patt is so sweet to send you flowers! Love you.
Em
Dude i'm so with you. My first week was hard. From monday on I wanted it to be the weekend. Heres to the next one though.
I'm glad that you survived. It would be tragic if you wouldn't have ;) This next week will be better. P.S. I love your flowers.
You are so cool...even if you are becoming Mom. I love you for it! You are going to make a great teacher.
Post a Comment