.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fourth of July

This year for the 4th of July we went to Kansas. It was kind of a quick trip, but we had a lot of fun. On the way to Kansas Patt said he missed Kansas rain storms and was hoping for one on this trip. All I can say is be careful what you wish for ;)

We flew into Kansas City and rented a car. On our way to Topeka I saw this license plate and thought it was hilarious!

"AW HECK"

One of the first things we did when we got to Kansas was going out on the boat. Patt was so excited to go waterskiing. I don't think he has been skiing since we visited 5 years ago. It must be like riding a bike because he got up on his very first try and did amazing! I will have to post video later.


Troy, Mom, Patt, and Brian at the Beach for the 4th of July festivities.

Me and Patt's Mom

Steve serving hot dogs at Lake Sherwood's 4th of July picnic.

Somehow Patt got convinced to help with some of the games/competitions. Here he is collecting noodles and pulling children out of the water. He also helped with the balloon toss competition. The clouds had started rolling in, so it was actually a really nice day...Not too hot!

Me, Patt, Brian, and Brandy at Church

Patt and his Mom

Steve with his King Cobra fireworks. They were amazing! They were giant mortars that were shot up into the air before they exploded. I have definitely never seen anything like them in Utah.

These guys were hilarious. They were like kids in a candy store!

Patt and Brian with the arsenal of fireworks.

Unfortunately by this time, the clouds had settled in and Patt was getting the Kansas rain storm that he had wished for. Don't worry...rain did not stop them from playing with fire and explosions.


Steve had the umbrella and would block the rain until they could get the fuse lit.

It was a group effort, and quite entertaining to watch.

It poured rain all afternoon and we thought the big fireworks show on the lake was going to be cancelled, but at 9 o'clock...the rain just stopped. It was crazy! So we all went out on the boat to watch all of the fireworks on the lake.



"Ooooh....Awwww"

Monday morning we woke up and it was raining again, but the rain still did not stop us. Steve took Patt and I out on the boat one last time to go skiing in the rain. I wish I had pictures, because it was so much fun, but sadly I had left my camera in the house. Probably for the best because my camera would have gotten soaked in the rain.

We had a wonderful 4th of July and hope to go back to visit again soon!

2 comments:

Kristen Mortensen said...

Looks like you had a great 4th of July, I am only sad that I wasn't there or that you weren't at the family reunion. I would have loved to see Patt setting off fireworks in the rain.

Kateenie said...

That does sound like a lovely way to spend the holiday. I'm also glad I finally got to see your baby bump. You look adorable!