So I thought I should write this down before I forget, but I have just been having so much fun with little Addie. It's kind of hard to know where to begin, but here goes.
My due date was September 25th. I went to the doctor every week and he would tell me the progress I was making (dilated to 3cm and 80% effaced) but then he would always say, "I will see you next week." I did fairly well being patient, and staying busy until I hit my due date, then I was more than ready and anxious to have the baby. She on the other hand wasn't quite ready to come out. The due date came and went. My next appointment was Wednesday September 29th. I was dilated to 4cm and 90 % effaced. Needless to say the good ol' doctor and I had a serious chat. I would be 41 weeks on Saturday, so he said he would schedule me to be induced on Friday. I was pleased that I at least had an ending day in my sights and was quite content knowing I would have the baby on Friday (October 1st). When I got home from the doctor I told Patt the great news and we decided to go out to eat since neither one of us felt like cooking. I called my sub and let her know that she would definitely need to be there on Friday. Around 8 o'clock that evening I started feeling a few little slightly uncomfortable contractions, but nothing serious. I went to bed, but woke up at 12:45 with slightly more painful contractions. The nurse had told me to time the contractions and then get up and walk around. If they went away then it was probably false labor. I was timing them at about 6 minutes. I woke Patt up around 2 and told him it was time to go to the hospital. I was worried if I waited too long I wouldn't be able to get an epidural. We got to the hospital around 2:30 and they hooked me up to monitors and determined it was the real thing. Dr. Lind came in and gave me an epidural around 4:15 and Dr. Lunt came in and broke my water at 4:45. The nurse told me I was at 5cm and I would progress about a cm every hour, so I still had some time to rest. I sent a text to my sub letting her know so she would be ready for school in the morning. I also sent text messages to my family. Patt and I slept from 5 until about 6 when the night nurse came in to check me one more time before her shift ended. She was surprised when I was fully dilated and effaced. My family showed up around 7:30. The nurse said we could start pushing, but we decided to give the baby a little more time. We sat and visited with my family until about 8:30 when we decided it was time to get the party started. I think including Patt and I there were about 15 people in the room and that doesn't include Mom, Dad, and Kristen who were standing outside the door. So it really was a party in our room :) There were several nursing students in the room along with their supervisor and then all of the medical staff who were suppose to be in there. At that point I really didn't mind...I was just excited to have this baby! I started pushing at 8:40 and she arrived at 9:07 a.m. It was such a nice feeling to have her here safe and sound without any major problems. We still hadn't picked out a name so we continued calling her "Shortcake" for the first couple of days. She got that nickname from her Aunt Kristen at the beginning of my pregnancy when I told Kristen that the baby was the size of a strawberry, so Kristen started calling her baby Shortcake. It took us two days to decide on her name and it was only finalized as we were walking out of the hospital the last thing I did was write her name on the birth certificate papers. We decided on Addisen Teria. Addisen is spelled with a "en" because my maiden name Mortensen is also spelled with a "en." My mom's name is Teria and my middle name is Teria, so Addisen gets her middle name from us. Our lives have changed forever, but we couldn't be happier. Little Addie is such a blessing and we love her very much. We are happy to have her as part of our family!
Sunday, October 10, 2010
This is her story
on 10/10/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! The story finally. I have been waiting. :) haha
I have been waiting on pins and needles...the story was almost as good as being there. And I must say that I just want to shout from the rooftops because I, Kristen Mortensen,made the birth story. It is better than being famous.
Post a Comment