.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

9 months





Wow, I can't believe that Addisen is 9 months old today. She is growing up so fast! I am very thankful for the time I have been getting to spend with her this summer. We are having so much fun!

A few things about Addisen at 9 months:

* She has two little bottom teeth. She likes to use them like a bottle opener and pop the lids off of things like puffs. This is also how she opens her lotion bottle. The other night she was opening her lotion bottle and I was pushing it closed. Pretty soon she was opening it and then trying to push it closed on her own.

* She is very strong. She has quite the grip, and she is able sit up when she is laying on her back. She has very strong ab muscles.

* She is coordinated. She is good with her hands and has been for awhile. She can move objects back and forth and spin them around. She is really good at picking up puffs with two fingers and feeding herself.

* She is smart and figures things out relatively quickly.

* She is crawling all over the place! She started army crawling really good around the 25th of May. Then when we went to visit Stacie's family she started getting up on her knees. Once we got back home she figured it out and has been crawling up a storm ever since. She also pulls herself up onto furniture. A couple of Sundays ago while at my parent's house we watched her learn how to go from crawling to sitting up. It is so much fun to watch her learn new things.

* She still loves water and bath time.

*She has started to copy people. If I stick out my tongue, she will stick out hers. She is also learning how to wave "hi" and "bye."

* She crinkles up her nose and makes cute little huffing noises.

* She loves things with buttons. For example, phones, calculators, remote controls etc. She also loves anything that is not a toy such as grandma and grandpa's glasses, cords, shoes, and chasing after the dogs...especially Freckles!


We love her very much and we are so happy that she is part of our family! She definitely makes our lives more exciting and fun.

3 comments:

todd & nicole said...

I can't wait until I can see her again. It won't be long until she is keeping up with James.

Kristen Mortensen said...

You forgot one important thing about Addisen...she loves her Aunt Kristen. :) I love that little girl, she is growing up so fast!

Keli W said...

I can't believe she is 9 months old. Time flies! She is adorable. Glad you get to spend so much time in the summer with her.