.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma Wagner

Today is my Grandma's birthday, so I thought I would write a little something about her. I remember when I was little I would go over to her house and she had a special little cubby hole for me where I would keep all my stuff. I would draw and color and have so much fun. I remember one time when I was playing beauty salon and Grandma was letting me play with her hair. I was doing a really good job brushing and styling it. I had a curling iron that wasn't plugged in, but that didn't seem nearly as fun to me, so I plugged it into the wall and continued stylin' Grandma's hair. It didn't take her long to realize the curling iron was hot because I got a little carried away. Needless to say I believe that was the last time we played beauty salon.

Grandma has taught me many things that I will remember always. Whenever we would use a word that she wasn't fond of, she would say "I'll buy that word from you." We never saw any money but we learned not to use those "slang" words, especially when Grandma was around. She also taught me to use proper grammar...for example saying Yes rather than Yep or Yeah.

Going on trips with Grandpa and Grandma was always a special treat. We drove all over and saw so many neat things! If the car door was unlocked there was a little red strip that was visible, but when you locked the door it would disappear. After we would get in the car we were suppose to lock the doors, but I would always forget, so Grandma would say "I see Red," and that was my cue to lock my door. I would always try to catch Grandma, but she was quick...I only caught her once.

I remember cleaning my room one day and she told me to always be sure to make my bed, because a room always looks better when the bed is made. The room can be spotless but if the bed isn't made it still looks messy.

Some of my favorite quotes from Grandma W...

"Good, Better, Best. I will never rest until my good is better and my better best."

"There was an old owl who lived in an oak. The more he saw the less he spoke. The less he spoke the more he heard. Why can't we be more like that old bird?"

"If you are going to be a grouch, be a happy grouch!"

I love you Grandma...Happy Birthday!!!

1 comments:

Lesley said...

She sounds amazing! How great to have so many happy memories of her!