.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Dinner on Tuesdays




So for those of you who know me, I only cook on rare occasions. However, I have started a new routine/tradition. On Tuesday nights Patt has class, so I decided that would be my night to cook dinner. I have really had a lot of fun trying out new recipes (most recipes are new for me), and Patt really enjoys coming home from class to find a yummy dinner. My sister Stacie has been a big help coming up with recipe ideas, and is pretty good to answer the phone when I call with all of my cooking questions. My sisters Stacie and Nicole have been really helpful in guiding me through my new cooking experiences and have been very patient with me. They have really good recipes and tips for cooking...I am learning so much! So far I have made chicken alfredo (from scratch), chicken and rice, fancy quesadillas, Italian spiced pork with homemade potato wedges, taco soup, and orange marmalade chicken. Tonight I am going to make chicken pitas with pineapple and grapes. It is another recipe that I got from Stacie. I am a little nervous about how they will turn out, but she hasn't led me astray yet so I am sure they will turn out great! I am always open for suggestions and recipes, so please feel free to share :)

3 comments:

Kristen Mortensen said...

The chicken pitas are really good...I have made them quite a few times. But the Italian Pork Chops are my absolute favorite! Look at you turning over a new leaf...but if you cook, that means the family will expect me to have life skills. DARNIT!

todd & nicole said...

Hey I want the pita recipe.

Lesley said...

Deneille- I can't believe you are married to "that Patt". I think he used to work with me at Applebee's forever ago! He wouldn't even remember me but I never forget a face. So funny! I can't wait to keep up with your blog!