.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

St. Patrick's Day


(I totally got a sweet deal on these shirts...only $2)

So I know this entry is a little bit overdue. I have totally been a slacker when it comes to updating my blog. St. Patrick's Day is one of our favorite holidays and we usually try to get out of town and do something fun. It typically isn't anything too extravagant, but fun none the less. Last year we went to Washington for Patt's Grandpa's 80th birthday. The year before that we went to Vernal to see the Dinosaur stuff, and the year before that we went to Preston Idaho and went on a Napoleon Dynamite tour. For St. Patrick's Day weekend this year we went down to Las Vegas. We stayed at the Excalibur, which was exciting. Patt had to write a paper for his Sociology class where he breaks a social norm. He was going to face people in elevators, but we found that people in Vegas seem to face all different directions in the elevator anyway, so we had to come up with plan B. We decided to walk up to perfect strangers and ask them if we could take their pictures. It was hilarious...I wish I could have taken their picture when we asked them, because the look on some of their faces was priceless! We found that men were a lot more willing to let us take their picture and asked less questions. The women on the other hand were a lot more skeptical. We had a good time...and had quite a few good laughs!

I promised Patt that when we were down in Vegas we could go to GameWorks (he really likes video games and I am a little less enthusiastic about them). I was so excited to find a game that I truly enjoyed..."Deal or No Deal!" It was so much fun because it was played just like the game on TV (except there were only 16 cases to choose from and you play for tickets instead of real cash) Anyway you pick your case and then continue through the cases just like on TV and the banker gives you offers and then you decide if its a Deal or a No Deal! It was addicting and way too much fun. I wasn't really interested in the tickets so I gave my winnings to any child sitting next to me. They would look at me like I was crazy for giving away my tickets, but honestly I just really loved playing the game. There were four games set up and they were always packed full of people. I think the adults had more fun playing than the kids did. Eventually the kids figured out to sit next to the crazy lady who was just giving her tickets away. The first time I played I totally won 200 tickets, which was the maximum number of tickets that you could win (too bad I wasn't playing for the million).
We totally wore green all weekend, and truly enjoyed our little St. Patricks Day weekend. I am already looking forward to next year…Who knows where we will end up?!
(I made Patt take a picture with Elvis because I thought he was absolutely hilarious...Check out his fanny pack with his dollar bills sticking out. He totally took Patt for $2...priceless)
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

7 comments:

todd & nicole said...

I LOVE IT!!!! You guys are so cute and I wish I could have seen how excited those little kids were. So fun!

Kristen Mortensen said...

I am jealous of your St. Patrick's Day adventure. Now I want to do something cool. DANGIT! Why am I not as cool as you?

Lesley said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Callahan's said...

How fun that you guys celebrate St. Patrick's Day!! Super cute pictures!

EaST said...

I can just see you and Patt walking up to people and asking to take their picture. I'm still laughing at the thought. I just wish that you had it on video!!! I'm glad that you guys had a fun St Patt's day - we were thinking of you.

emily said...

Look I am commenting!!!! Aren't you proud? Next step actually updating my blog. Your adventure looks and sounds like it was so much fun.

Unknown said...

This was an amazingly funny post!! I loved reading it. You two seem like you have a lot of fun together! I love that you have no fear and asked people for photos! Priceless!!! You and my husband would get along great he loves that Deal or no Deal I often hear him in the basement freaking out because someone didn't take the deal! What a blast. I am so happy we have blogs. I hope we will be life long friends Denille. I look up to you as well and enjoy all your awesome ideas!