.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Student Thoughts

For Teacher Appreciation Week, the Room Mom's and the students put together a really cute book. It had a picture of each of the kids and something they liked about Mrs. Wyatt. Some of them are kind of funny. Keep in mind I was teaching them about sentence fragments right before they put the book together!

"Mrs. Wyatt is very funny and nice. She taught me about sentence fragments."

(One student just signed his name...apparently he didn't have anything to say!)

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she is nice, good at teaching, and she likes sports. She taught me about sentence fragments and vocabulary."

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she is really good at teaching math. She taught me sentences."

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she's fun and cool. She taught me about math."

"I like that Mrs. Wyatt makes directions for us to follow. She taught me about fragments and sentences and also long division."

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she is nice. She shows us things so we can know"

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she is funny. She taught me about math."

"Mrs. Wyatt is so nice. She taught me multiplication."

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she is nice and plays basketball. She taught me to do long problems."

"Mrs. Wyatt is a nice teacher, and I like that she likes the Steelers. She taught me how to multiply better."

"I like when Mrs. Wyatt reads aloud. She taught me about sentence fragments."

"Mrs. Wyatt is really nice and kind. She taught me weather facts."

"Mrs. Wyatt is fun. She taught me that you can turn fractions into decimals."

"Mrs. Wyatt taught us where and how you can find fossils here."

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she is NICE! She taught me about fragments."

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she's always happy. She taught me spelling and vocabulary."

"Mrs. Wyatt is the bestest teacher. She helps me with my vocabulary."

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she gives us hard tests. She taught me about fragments."

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she is entertaining. She has taught me spelling stuff."

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she's a fun teacher, and she's always smiling. She taught me about fragments."

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she is funny. She taught me about the weather."

"You are really cool, Mrs. Wyatt. You do a lot. Thank you. You helped me learn verbs, nouns, adjectives and more and I really need help too."

"I like all of the fun activities we do with Mrs. Wyatt. She taught me the names of the rocks."

"Mrs. Wyatt is smart."

"Mrs. Wyatt is nice. She taught me that you times all sides to find area." (Well apparently I didn't do a great job teaching area. You are only supposed to times the base times the height.)

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she's funny and excited."

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she plays speed. She taught me about fossils."

"I like Mrs. Wyatt because she is nice, funny, and she does fun stuff. She taught me math."

Now whenever I am having a bad day I can go back and read about how funny, nice, and smart I am. Haha! It really is a cute book. I am going to miss these kids next year, but I am excited to meet my new class!

3 comments:

EaST said...

You play basketball? I didn't know that anyone in our family knew how! Ethan will be excited to find out. I think my absolute favorite response was "I like Mrs. Wyatt because she gives us hard tests." Are they serious??? I bet you are the bestest!

Kristen Mortensen said...

They were really impressed with the fragments lesson...what did you do? I have never been that effected by sentence fragments. I love you...you are a great teacher. You are smart, funny, and nice. It kind of reminds me of a yearbook.

emily said...

You're amazing!!!