.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

36 weeks...Baby's Room

Well today I am officially 36 weeks! I can't believe I only have 28 more days to go. I don't feel too much bigger than I did at 31 weeks, but the ultrasound confirmed that the baby is growing and doing everything that she is suppose to, so that is definitely a good thing. School has started so our lives have gotten a little more hectic. I still need to finish my sub plans so I hope this little baby doesn't come too early ;) We are really excited for her to make her grand debut, but for now we are still just getting everything together for her arrival.

From the moment we found out that I was pregnant, Patt has been so excited to paint the baby's room. He picked out the color scheme as soon as we knew that we were going to be having a little girl. The only problem was the room we were planning on turning into the nursery has been a storage/junk room since we moved into the house. (It's a long story about how the room became this way, but that story is for another day...haha). So the first major task was to organize and clean out that room.

This is what it looked like when we began this major endeavor!

After several hours of work, we started to see some progress.

At this point we are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I didn't think we would ever really get to this point, now it was time to put on the finishing touches.

We put up paper, masked, and taped the room, and painted it all with white primer. Then we painted all the base boards and a line for the white stripe. The next day we put a tape line all the way around the room and painted the top half a light pink and the bottom half green. It was fun to watch the room finally starting to come together. I wasn't sure if we would ever actually get it done before the baby got here, but Patt was really motivated to get it cleaned and painted.

This is what the room looks like as of this moment. We still have some work to do, but overall I feel like we have made some tremendous progress, and I am loving how it is turning out.


A view of the closet. It still needs some arranging and the doors need to be hung, but it's still fun to see all of her little baby things coming together.


Our stockpile of diapers! Shortly after I found out I was pregnant my sister sent me coupons for diapers. If I remember correctly the diapers ended up only being somewhere around $4 a package. The only trick was that there was a limit as to how many you could buy. Luckily my Grandma Wagner was in town, because I convinced her and my mom to come with me to all of the local Wal-Greens. After all was said and done we ended up with 21 packages of diapers, and had a lot of fun coupon shopping around town. A Big Thanks to mom and grandma for coming with me on my crazy adventure!


While my sister Stacie was out visiting she said she would help me make a quilt for the baby. I helped cut it out and iron, but let's be honest Stacie was the one that really put it all together. Ernie's mom has a quilting machine, so when Stacie went up for their family reunion her mother-in-law quilted it for me. It turned out absolutely gorgeous. Another Big Thank You to Stacie and Elrain for putting the quilt together. I absolutely love it!

Well we've gotten a lot accomplished, but there is still so much that needs to be done. I don't know if I will actually ever be ready for this little girl to arrive, but at this point I am excited to meet her whether I am completely ready or not :)

2 comments:

EaST said...

I love the room. It turned out adorable!!! I'm still amazed at how much you have done while working and being 8 months pregnant. It looks great.

Eliza said...

Oh my gosh it looks great!