.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to School

This past week I started working at the Elementary school. We set up the classroom, prepared everything for the first day of school, and we also had a few meetings and some training.

Today was the official first day of school, and I was a little bit nervous. My mom gave me a “Back to School” basket with all kinds of fun little treats in it. It had two really fun back to school books, apples, drinks, treats, new earrings, socks, pajamas, note cards, and Excedrin. It was so cute and thoughtful and it totally made my day. My mom is so supportive and amazing! There is so much that I can learn from her and I hope I can be as awesome as she is someday ;)



The Elementary school I am at is the Best in the West, I must say! Everyone has been very helpful, friendly, and inviting. The Principal and Staff Developers welcomed me with a little back to school basket as well. It had all kinds of school goodies in it. It had paper, glue, snacks, post-its, sharpies, calculator, and pencil with a hundred dollar bill printed on it. They even did a little cheer in the hallway, which was spectacular to say the least!
My mentor teacher is a pro, and I can already tell that I am going to learn so much from her! Her organizational skills are beyond incredible and she is always so calm and collected. She has so many great ideas and is very knowledgeable. I am like a sponge…just trying to soak up as much as I possibly can.

Our class this year is awesome. There are 30 students in the class, which bring 30 different personalities. I had the opportunity to teach a mini-lesson today, and I loved it. It was fun to see the children interact with each other and work together. They are all amazing bright little minds and I can’t wait to work with them more this year!

1 comments:

Kristen Mortensen said...

I knew that you would love teaching and that you would be fabulous at it! You are the coolest and I look up to you so much.