.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy 5th Anniversary

August 16th

Last Saturday was our five year anniversary. I can’t believe that we have been married that long…time sure does fly. I was having trouble thinking of a gift idea so I thought it might be fun to look up what the “traditional” anniversary gift is for 5 years. After a little research I discovered it was wood. I talked to Patt and we decided that this would be a fun idea to try. We set a price range, which is a piece of information that will become important later in the story. I searched high and low. I scoured the internet and finally found a gift I thought Patt would enjoy. It was a wooden putter set that came in a wooden box…It was perfect! I ordered it way in advance and waiting to give it to him just about killed me. I went to a local engraving shop and had it customized with an engraved message. I also printed off a picture of the two of us and put it in a wooden frame.

Meanwhile, Patt was doing some planning of his own. So on Saturday morning I woke up really early so I could give Patt his present. As he was opening it, I heard Sam getting into something down in the kitchen, so I ran down the hall to put an end to his shenanigans and that is when I ran into my gift. A brand new wooden kitchen table! I was stunned…it was beautiful. Then I was bothered because Patt didn’t follow the price range that we had set up. I quickly forgave him because we really did need a new kitchen table. Our previous table was a hand-me-down, which was beginning to fall apart and the legs were being held up with phone books. It was totally ghetto! Patt had been saving money from some extra jobs that he had done, and he had a friend help him hide it in our garage. (He knew I would go in there). He woke up super early with the dogs and brought it from the garage into the dining room. I can’t believe I slept through the whole thing. One of my favorite features is the two drawers hidden in the table. Now I can store my table runners that my sister made me in one drawer, and put cards in the other drawer. Patt also loved his gift...he really enjoys golfing and I think his putting is already starting to improve ;) He is also excited to take the picture and put it on his desk at work.

After the shock of the new table wore off, we went to breakfast at the Bear Paw because bears live in the “woods” (haha). We went and saw “Batman” for a matinee movie, and then went to dinner at the Outback Steakhouse. After dinner we just came home and watched the Olympics. The day ended up being really nice and laid back.

I look forward to many more great years!!!

2 comments:

EaST said...

How fun! I LOVE your table! Patt has good taste.

Kateenie said...

That is a very beautiful table.
That sounds like a very lovely anniversary.